I have volunteered my time with several organizations writing grants, holding events, fundraising and turning wrenches.
Earn-a-bike Coop: Board of Directors, Women's Wrench Night, 2014-Current
- Started a program to advocate for women to become more proficient at bike maintenance and to inspire more women to ride
- Mentored children from low-income communities to learn how to assemble bikes and ride safely
- Hang out and fix old bikes!
International Development Work
- Engineers Without Borders- Alamo Professional Chapter: President, 2014
- Lead a group of engineering professionals to fund and execute a trip to Bolivia to assess the need for clean water in several communities
- Second Mile Water Insight Trip: Summer 2013
- Travel with other students and visited several communities in the Jalapa Valley, Nicaragua to evaluate water and health needs
- Trees, Water and People: Intern, Fall 2012
- Wrote grants for tribal renewable energy projects and international biomass, health and energy programs